Carefully restarting lessons at the studio
Following the latest guidance from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, we are delighted to let you know that we are planning to run some summer workshops and also to re-open with a full timetable from Monday 7th September.
As we move in to this next phase of working, having a good grip of projected class numbers will be hugely important – so, if for any reason you don’t plan to take up your place in any class, please let us know as soon as possible.
Of course, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that we maintain a safe environment, and we’ll respond to any further information as it becomes available.
We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment, and here are some of the key measures that we will have in place…
• Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring those who have Coronavirus symptoms do not attend classes. This will also apply if a member of their household has symptoms or if they have been advised by NHS Test & Trace as ‘a close contact’ to isolate at home. We will also maintain the relevant data to assist with Test & Trace.
• Students will be dropped off / collected from the main entrance door. Where necessary, we will have an attendant at the door to help with managing any queue. The waiting area will not be available, and we will not allow access for spectators or non-attending children.
• Introduce a one way flow route within the studios.
• Restrict class sizes and where appropriate, use temporary floor markings to ensure adequate spacing.
• Manage occupancy of studios and allow breaks between classes to ensure enough time for cleaning (For example, most classes will finish ten minutes early).
• Encourage all staff and students to sanitise their hands more often than usual, including before and after class and before and after using toilet facilities.
• Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
• Increase frequency of cleaning of toilets and frequently touched surfaces using standard products, such as detergent or bleach.
• Encourage students to arrive in uniform, and to bring their own drink with them – The changing room will not be open.
We are all very excited at the prospect of getting back to our class sessions and can’t wait to see the magic return!
There are a number of frequently updated government guidelines which are relevant to our Dance setting, and we keep these under constant review.
Please use the links below to go directly to the documents on the GOV.UK website (opens in a new window)